- Listed under "T": Emiya-san Chi no Kyou no Gohan, aka. Today's Menu for the Emiya Family
- Last episode of a Winter 2017 show: Evil or Live ep.12
- It's a movie: Engimon. Haruo (a papier-mache dog), Kin-chan (a goldfish paper balloon), Hebikura (a bamboo snake), Chief Daruma (a daruma doll) and Koume (a Kokeshi doll) are always watching over the Amanogawa children.
- Encouragement of Climb
- Yama no Susume
- Season 3
- Episodes: 13 x 13 minutes
- Keep watching: no
- One-line summary: schoolgirl mountaineers
I've tried this show before. I've never been tempted to keep watching, but it's thoroughly nice.
Middle school girls climb mountains. The girls are lovable and fun... but they're still climbing mountains. I have no objection to this pastime, mind you. I approve of other people doing it. However it wouldn't have occurred to me to build an anime around it. Look, they're ascending a slope! More hillsides! There's a flight of steps and a sign up ahead! (We're in Tokyo, so these are safe, well maintained mountains.)
If you like mountaineering, try this show. However that condition might also be a criterion.
- Eudemon Quest
- Huan Jie Wang
- Season 1
- Episodes: the one I watched was 16 minutes long
- Keep watching: no
- One-line summary: shounen with anti-magic hero
It's standard shounen adventure, set in a historical era with added magic. Our hero tells a story, but then people call him a liar and hit him. (Those include his mother and possibly his best friend.) Best Friend explains that it's impossible to enter Magical School unless you have magical ability, unlike our hero. Trying to defy inconvenient reality, he tries to use his non-existent powers on some leaves and of course gets laughed at.
Meanwhile a girl with big boobs is about to kill three people who'd been trying to kill her. Hero shows up, tries to "rescue" her and proves to be Idiot Hero.
A man-eating demon flower chases Idiot Hero, who at the cliffhanger turns all Purple Evil Aura with glowing eyes. Meanwhile Big Boobs talks to someone dressed as Ryuk from Death Note.
It's another Chinese anime by Tencent, by the way, and it's fine. It's recycling the genre. Nothing wrong with it.